It’s time to celebrate the UK’s unpaid carers and recognise the huge amount they do!
Carers Week runs from Monday 5th June to Sunday 11th of June, raising awareness of caring, highlighting the challenges family and friend carers face, and acknowledging the huge contribution they make.
It’s also a time to help people who don’t think of themselves as carers, to identify as carers and then access much-needed support.
Surrey’s carers charity ‘Action for Carers’ will be celebrating the week across the county, with lots of free events and activities, reaching out to the county’s estimated 115,000 unpaid carers.
There are different events at different local Hubs, including free massages, support groups, makeovers, Zine workshops, back care and more. There will of course also be free tea, coffee and cake available at ALL the Hubs to celebrate Carers Week, PLUS a free ‘goody bag’!
If you’re an unpaid carer, then why not pop into your nearest Hub? You’ll get a warm welcome and be able to find out about the practical and emotional support available. The right help can make a real difference.
Lots more going on…
And for those carers who struggle to leave home, free online events include mindfulness and yoga sessions, make-up and wellbeing, and support groups.
We also have a ‘Being Well, Doing Well’ workshop at Polesden Lacey on Saturday 10th.
Find out more about all the above on our website: www.actionforcarers.org.uk/carers-week-2023/
The drop-in carer Hubs will be open 10am-2.30pm, as follows:
Monday June 5th June
- Woking – The Vyne Centre, Knaphill, Woking GU21 2SP
- Guildford – The Hive, Park Barn Drive, Guildford GU2 8EN
- Cranleigh – The Bandroom, Village Way, Cranleigh GU6 8AF
Tuesday 6th June
- Camberley– High Cross Church, Knoll Road, Camberley GU15 3SY
- Epsom – St Barnabas Church, Temple Rd, Epsom KT19 8HA
Wednesday 7th June
- Horley – Horley Baptist Church, 289 Ct Lodge Rd, Horley RH6 8RG
- Shepperton – Greeno Centre, Shepperton
Thursday 8th June
- Hersham – Centre for the Community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames KT12 5LU
- Caterham – Westway Community Café, 25 Chaldon Road, Caterham CR3 5PG
Friday 9th June
- Leatherhead – Leatherhead Community Hub, Kingston Road, Leatherhead KT22 7PX
(if driving, you need to go round the rear of the building, via Aperdele Rd)